VERSUS WOOD PRESERVATIVE Data Sheet
A single component, long oil Alkyd linseed oil based wood protector.
- A general purpose interior/exterior wood protector used extensively on doors, window frames, gates, fences, pergolas and garage doors.
- Excellent water resistance.
- Very tough and hardwearing.
- Does not form a film which can crack or peel.
- Excellent exterior durability and very UV resistant.
- Very good protection.
- Easy to maintain.
- Type: Long oil Alkyd/linseed oil.
- Appearance: Semi – gloss.
- Colors: Clear. Mahogany and Ebony.
- Solids: 45% by mass.
- Specific Gravity: 0.90 – 0.91.
- Viscosity at 25ºC: 95-70 Kµ.
- Flash Point: 34ºc.
- Mixing: Stir well before use.
- Method: Brush.
- Thinning: Mineral Turpentine.
- Clean up: Mineral Turpentine.
- Spreading rate: 10-12 m ²/l depending on surface porosity and profile.
- Conditions: Avoid painting in wet or cold weather. Minimum temp 8º C
- Drying time: Touch dry 4 hours. Hard dry 18 hours at 25 degrees.
- Recoating time: 18 hours.
- Requirements: 2 coats.
- New Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry (moisture content below 15%) before painting.
- Sand to a smooth surface in the direction of the wood fiber.
- Remove all dust.
- Thin first coat with 10% Mineral Turpentine.
- Sand slightly with fine sandpaper or fine steel wool.
- Apply 2nd coat unthinned.
- Ensure that the wood is sealed all round.
- For surfaces in poor condition: Strip down and treat as new work.
- Surfaces in good condition must be slightly sanded down, dusted and then treated as new work.
- Wood which has been preserved or oiled before, must be dried out completely and then wiped with Mineral Turpentine. Ensure the surface is totally dried out before applying Versus Vesawood Sealer.
- Keep containers properly sealed.
- Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold.
- 5 Litres and 20 Litres.
- Detailed safety information: refers to the material safety data sheet for this product.
- Not suitable on sealed or varnished timber.
- Do not paint in wet, damp or cold weather. (Minimum 5ºC.)
- Drying times will be extended during wet or cold weather conditions.
- To prevent ingress of moisture the end grain must be coated.
The above information is given in good faith but without warranty due to the fact that the methods of application, location and condition of the substrates being coated are beyond our control.