A solvent based interior and exterior general purpose undercoat for use under decorative topcoats.
- Apply between primers and alkyd enamel topcoats on exterior interior wood, hardboard and metal.
- As a basecoat over correctly primed plaster to follow with enamel paint.
- Ideal for use on suitably primed interior and exterior surfaces.
- Apply between gloss enamels and emulsion topcoats, to improve intercoat adhesion for interior and exterior.
- Excellent sealing: Prevents absorption of more expensive top coats.
- Excellent adhesion.
- Provide a smooth base for topcoats
- Good levelling properties and easy brushing.
- Type: Alkyd.
- Appearance: Matt/Low sheen.
- Colors: White and Pastel colors.
- Solids: 63-64% by mass.
- Density: 63% – 64%.
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 1 coat at minimum 30 µm and maximum
- Viscosity at 25℃. : 30-35 Krebs µ. Secs. (Sheen Cup)
- Flash Point: 34℃.
- Mixing: Stir well before use.
- Method: Short nap mohair roller or brush.
- Thinning: Not recommended, but tap water if required. Thinning reduces the opacity.
- Clean up: Mineral Turpentine.
- Spreading rate: 8 – 10 m ²/l depending on surface porosity and profile.
- Conditions: Avoid painting in wet or cold weather. Minimum temp 8℃
- Drying time: Touch dry 3-4 hours. Hard dry 16-18 hours at 25 degrees.
- Requirements:1 coat
- New Surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and primed with an appropriate primer.
- Previously Painted Surfaces: Must be in sound condition. Apply 1 coat Versus Universal Undercoat and sand smooth after drying.
- Keep containers properly sealed.
- Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold.
- 5 Litres and 20 Litres.
- Detailed safety information: refers to the material safety data sheet for this product.
- Do not apply directly to unprimed surfaces.
- Drying times will be extended during wet or cold weather conditions.
- Must be over coated for protection.