Data Sheet no 3-2018
A high performance satin/mid sheen Glitter flexible wall paint.
Meets the requirements of SABS 1586 Grade 1.
- Ideal for interior and exterior high traffic areas that need a highly washable and durable coating – plaster, hardboard and fiber cement.
- Suitable for application to correctly primed metal and wooden surfaces.
- Water based: Low odor and easy cleaning.
- Highly durable and UV resistant for South African harsh climate.
- Quick drying.
- Excellent wear resistance properties.
- Washable: Meets the requirements of the SABS and ASTMS scrubs resistant test methods.
- Mar and scratch resistant.
- Good color stability.
- Non Yellowing: Unlike alkyd based paints whites and colors will not yellow.
- Water and steam resistant.
- Excellent resistance to spatter.
- Excellent adhesion, good flow and excellent opacity.
- If correctly applied to a properly prepared substrate the product has a life expectancy of 7-10 years, possibly longer.
- Very low levels of VOC. 20g/Lt.
- Type: Pure Acrylic.
- Appearance: Sheen.
- Colors: Available in a range of popular ready mixed colors.
- Solids: 50% – 52% volume.
- Density: 1.2 – 1.4.
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 35µm – 45 µm.
- Viscosity at 25ºC: 95 – 100 Krebs µ.
- Flash Point: Non-flammable.
- Mixing: Stir well before use.
- Method: Short nap roller, brush or airless spray.
- Thinning: Not recommended. Thinning reduces the opacity. For spraying you can thin up to 10% with clean water.
- Clean up: Tap water
- Spreading rate: 8-10 m ²/l depending on surface porosity and profile.
- Conditions: Avoid painting in wet or cold weather. Minimum temp 8º C
- Drying time: Touch dry ½ – 1 hour. Hard dry 3 hours at 25 degrees.
- Recoating time: 4-6 hours.
- Requirements: 2 coats.
- New Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry before painting.
- Concrete and cement should be filled with Versus Versafill.
- Gypsum Plaster should be primed with Versus Plaster Primer.
- Fibre Cement ceiling boards: the bare metal areas (nail heads) should be primed with Versus Steel Primer.
- Wooden surfaces should be primed with Versus Pink Wood primer.
- Galvanized Iron should be cleaned first with Versus Galvanized Iron Cleaner until a water break free surface has been achieved. Thereafter prime with Versus Galvanized Iron Primer and followed with Versus Universal Undercoat.
- Rusted Metals should be wire brushed or sanded to remove all rust. Prime with Versus Steel Primer. Thereafter apply Versus Universal Undercoat.
- PVC gutters and downpipes should be degreased and then abraded with fine sandpaper and then the topcoat can be applied directly.
- Previously Painted Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry before painting.
After all surfaces are sound, clean and dry apply one coat of Versus Universal Undercoat as a tie coat. Other areas that have chalked and are powdery should be well sanded and sealed with Versus Plaster Primer.
- Keep containers properly sealed.
- Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold.
- 5 litres and 20 litres
- Detailed safety information: refers to the material safety data sheet for this product.
- Do not apply directly to bare metal surfaces.
- Drying times will be extended during wet or cold weather conditions.
- Do not apply direct to chalky or friable surfaces.
- Do not apply before 9am and after 4pm in the winter.
- Do not apply exterior if it looks like rain will occur within 4-6 hours of application. Do not apply direct to chalky or friable surfaces.