A high quality long life deep penetrating solvent based exterior wood sealer for hard and soft woods.
- Sealer for exterior wood where good abrasion is required.
- Used extensively as decking sealer for doors, windows and frames, gates, fences, garage doors, garden furniture, pergolas etc.
- Excellent water resistance.
- Very tough and hardwearing.
- No peeling and cracking as it penetrates into the wood.
- Excellent exterior durability and very UV resistant.
- Very good protection.
- Anti-Microbial Additives.
- Type: A single component, long oil alkyd based wood sealer with UV Absorbers and Anti-Microbial Additives.
- Appearance: Semi-Gloss.
- Colors: Clear, Mahogany and Meranti.
- Solids: 25% by mass.
- Density: .82-.86.
- Specific Gravity: 0.82 – 0.86.
- Viscosity at 25ºC: 18-20 Seconds FC 4.
- Flash Point: Flammable at 34ºC.
- Mixing: Stir well before use.
- Method: Brush.
- Thinning: Mineral Turpentine.
- Clean up: Mineral Turpentine.
- Spreading rate: 2.5 m ²/l for the first coat and 7m²/l for the second coat depending on surface porosity and profile.
- Conditions: Avoid painting in wet or cold weather. Minimum temp 8º C
- Drying time: Touch dry 6 hours. Hard dry 12 hours at 25 degrees.
- Recoating time: 12 hours.
- Requirements: 2 coats.
- New Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry (moisture content below 15%) before painting.
- Sand to a smooth surface in the direction of the wood fiber.
- Remove all dust.
- Thin first coat with 10% Mineral Turpentine.
- Sand slightly with fine sandpaper or fine steel wool.
- Apply 2nd coast unthinned.
- Ensure that the wood is sealed all round.
- For surfaces in poor condition: Strip down and treat as new work.
- Surfaces in good condition must be slightly sanded down, dusted and then treated as new work.
- Wood which has been preserved or oiled before, must be dried out completely and then wiped with Mineral Turpentine. Ensure the surface is totally dried out before applying Versus Vesawood Sealer.
- Keep containers properly sealed.
- Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold.
- 1 Liter, 5 Litres, 20 Litres, 200 Litres.
- Detailed safety information: refers to the material safety data sheet for this product.
- Not suitable on sealed or varnished surfaces.
- Do not apply on wet or damp surfaces.
- Do not paint in wet or cold weather. (Minimum 5ºC.)
- Drying times will be extended during wet or cold weather conditions.