Versus Gp Utility Paint Data Sheet no 11-2015
An acrylic economical grade coating for use on interior and exterior surfaces
- Suitable for use on interior and exterior plastered walls.
- Can also be used on fiber cement and plastered ceilings.
- Application to all surfaces with a suitable undercoat.
- Water based: Low odor and easy cleaning.
- Durability: Highly durable and UV resistant for the harsh South African climate.
- Weather resistant.
- Exceptional hiding power and opacity.
- Good wash ability.
- Quick drying.
- Low VOC: This product contains no toxic substances and very low levels of VOC (EU Regulations)
- Type: Acrylic.
- Appearance: Matt.
- Colors: White and Pastel.
- Solids: 50%.
- Density: 1.40.
- Flash Point: Nonflammable.
- Mixing: Stir well before use.
- Method: Brush, roller or Airless Spray.
- Thinning: Not recommended, but tap water if required. Thinning reduces the opacity. (Hiding power).
- Clean up: Tap water
- Spreading rate: 10-12 m ²/l depending on surface porosity and profile.
- Conditions: Avoid painting in wet or cold weather. Minimum temp 8ºC.
- Drying time: Touch dry ½ – 1 hour. Hard dry 4 hours.
- Recoating time: 4-6 hours.
- Requirements: 2 coats.
All Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry before painting.
- New plaster and concrete surfaces: 1 coat of Versus Plaster Primer.
- Uncoated weathered or new fiber cement: 1 coat Versus Bonding Liquid.
- Previously painted surfaces: 1 coat of Versus Bonding Liquid if friable or powdery.
- Rusted metal areas need to be cleaned back to bright metal and spot primed with Versus Steel Primer.
- New metal surfaces need to be abrasively degreased to remove the manufacturers grease protective layer this process is repeated until the surface is water break free. After drying the whole substrate is coated with Versus Steel Primer.
- Keep containers properly sealed.
- Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold.
- 5 litres and 20 litres
- Detailed safety information: refers to the material safety data sheet for this product.
- Do not apply directly to bare metal surfaces.
- Drying times will be extended during wet or cold weather conditions.