A water based pure Acrylic high density primer for interior and exterior use on new surfaces which are to be over coated with heavy textured coatings.
- To be used on new surfaces, such as cement plaster and porous concrete.
- For use on new surfaces to assist with bridging of hairline cracks such as cement plaster and porous concrete which are to be over coated with heavy textured paint.
- Water based: Low odor and easy cleaning.
- Excellent sealing: Prevents absorption of top coats.
- Use on interior and exterior surfaces.
- Non-hazardous and non-toxic.
- Environmentally and user friendly.
- Type: Pure Acrylic.
- Appearance: Matt.
- Colors: White.
- Density: 1.40 – 1.47.
- Viscosity: 100 – 110 Krebs µn
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 120 Microns.
- Flash Point: Non-flammable.
- Mixing: Stir well before use.
- Method: Brush and spray application.
- Thinning: Not recommended, but tap water if required. Thinning reduces the opacity
- Clean up: Tap water.
- Spreading rate: 8 – 10 m ²/l depending on surface porosity and profile. The figures are indicative and subject to applicator skill, type and condition. Actual spreading rates must therefore be determined by the applicator.
- Conditions: Avoid painting in wet or cold weather. Minimum temp 5º C
- Drying time: Touch dry 2 hours. Hard dry 4 hours at 25 degrees.
- Recoating time: 24 hours.
- Requirements: 1 coat.
- Versus H.D. Acrylic Primer must be applied to a non-friable dry surface.
- Surfaces must be prepared in accordance to SABS ISO 1514:1193 prior to the application of Versus Paint Coatings.
- New walls must be washed down with clean water, and freed from any oil or debris.
- Corners and edges must be well defined.
- Fill all large holes and deep cracks with Versus Versafill to match existing surfaces.
- Sand lightly and wipe clean.
- Keep containers properly sealed.
- Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold.
- Shelf life: 12 months in unopened containers.
- 20 Litres.
PRECAUTIONS AND LIMITATIONS:
- Detailed safety information: refers to the material safety data sheet for this product.
- Do not apply to bare metal surfaces.
- Drying times will be extended during wet or cold weather conditions.
- Not suitable for priming Rhinolite surfaces.