Versus Roof Paint Data Sheet no 31-2015
A high durable smooth water based acrylic emulsion roof paint. For galvanized iron, asbestos and cement roof tiles.
- Application to new or previously painted, correctly prepared galvanized iron, fiber cement and cement roof tiles.
- Application to correctly primed metal.
- Water based: Quick drying – short recoating periods.
- Durability: Highly durable and UV resistant for the harsh South African climate.
- Excellent adhesion and weathering – coating system will last longer.
- Easy to apply.
- Type: Styrene Acrylic
- Appearance: Matt.
- Colors: Black, White, Dark Charcoal, Terracotta, Light Charcoal, Indian red, Fadeless Green, Burgundy.
- Solids: 50-51% by mass.
- Density: 1.30 – 1.40 kg/l.
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: Min 20µm. Max 30 µm.
- Flash Point: Non-flammable.
- Mixing: Stir well before use.
- Method: Brush, roller or airless spray gun. Special rollers are available for galvanized iron roofs.
- Thinning: Not required. If surface is very absorbent the first coat may be thinned to 10% clean water.
- Clean up: Tap water
- Spreading rate: 3 – 8 m ²/l depending on surface porosity and profile.
- Conditions: Avoid painting in wet or cold weather. Minimum temp 10º C
- Drying time: Touch dry ½ – 1 hour. Hard dry 4 hours at 25ºC.
- Recoating time: 4-6 hours.
- Requirements: 2 coats for new work. For maintenance work which in good condition only one coat is required.
All Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry before painting.
Cement roof tiles: Friable or powdery roof tiles must be sealed with Versus Bonding Liquid. If the tiles are not friable use a hose pipe to pre-wet the roof tiles and then apply Versus Roof Paint directly.
Asbestos Cement: Either pre-wetting the surface with water or thin the first coat up to 10% with clean water.
Galvanized Iron: Rust must be removed and spot primed with Versus Galvanized Iron Primer. Weathered galvanized Iron roofs must be cleaned to remove all white rust before over coating with Versus Roof Paint.
All fungus and organic growth must be killed using fungicidal wash and removed by either wire brushing or high pressure cleaning.
- Keep containers properly sealed.
- Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold.
- 5 Litres and 20 Litres.
- Detailed safety information: refers to the material safety data sheet for this product.
- Do not apply directly to bare metal surfaces.
- Drying times will be extended during wet or cold weather conditions.