Data Sheet no 7-2016
A water based acrylic mosquito repellent coating for interior / exterior use.
- Ideal for interior & exterior walls / ceilings.
- Suitable for correctly prepared new plaster.
- Suitable for correctly primed wood & metal surfaces.
- Water based: Low odor and easy cleaning.
- Highly durable and UV resistant for South African harsh climate.
- Quick drying.
- Repels mosquitoes for up to 3 years.in doors.On exterior surfaces,the duration of the repellant will be affected by ageing & weathering of the coating.
- Metal surfaces must first be primed.Do not apply to bare metal.
- Washable: Meets the requirements of the SABS and ASTMS scrubs resistant test methods.
- Good color stability.
- Non Yellowing: Unlike alkyd based paints whites and colors will not yellow.
- Water and steam resistant.
- Excellent resistance to spatter.
- Excellent adhesion, good flow and excellent opacity.
- Very low levels of VOC. 16g/Lt.
- Type: Pure Acrylic.
- Appearance: Sheen.
- Colors: Available in a range of popular ready mixed colours.
- Solids: 35% by mass:21% by volume.
- S.G 1.2kg / Litre.
- Spread Rate 8 / 11 Meters 2 per litre per coat.Depending on surface porosity and profile.
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness 35 um – 45 um
- Drying Time.Touch Dry 15 – 25 minutes @ 23 degree c.
- Dry to handle 1 Hour @ 23 degree c.
- Overcoating 1Hour @ 23 degree c.
- Viscosity 95 / 100 Ku @ 23 degree c.
- Flash Point.Non Flammable
- Mixing: Stir well before use.
- Method: Short nap roller, brush or airless spray.
- Thinning: Not recommended. Thinning reduces the opacity. For spraying you can thin up to 10% with clean water.
- Clean up: Tap water.
- For best results ensure that all four walls as well as the ceilings are painted.
- New Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry before painting.
- Concrete and cement should be filled with Versus Versafill.
- Gypsum Plaster should be primed with Versus Plaster Primer.
- Fibre Cement ceiling boards: the bare metal areas (nail heads) should be primed with Versus Steel Primer.
- Wooden surfaces should be primed with Versus Pink Wood primer.
- Galvanized Iron should be cleaned first with Versus Galvanized Iron Cleaner until a water break free surface has been achieved. Thereafter prime with Versus Galvanized Iron Primer and followed with Versus Universal Undercoat.
- Rusted Metals should be wire brushed or sanded to remove all rust. Prime with Versus Steel Primer. Thereafter apply Versus Universal Undercoat.
- PVC gutters and downpipes should be degreased and then abraded with fine sandpaper and then the topcoat can be applied directly.
- Previously Painted Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry before painting.
After all surfaces are sound, clean and dry apply one coat of Versus Universal Undercoat as a tie coat. Other areas that have chalked and are powdery should be well sanded and sealed with Versus Plaster Primer.
- Keep containers properly sealed.
- Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold.
- 5 litres and 20 litres
- Detailed safety information: refers to the material safety data sheet for this product.
- Do not apply directly to bare metal surfaces.
- Drying times will be extended during wet or cold weather conditions.
- Do not apply direct to chalky or friable surfaces.
- Do not apply before 9am and after 4pm in the winter.
- Do not apply exterior if it looks like rain will occur within 4-6 hours of application. Do not apply direct to chalky or friable surfaces.