An alkali resistant solvent based penetrating primer for porous, friable and chalky surfaces.
- A good quality alkali resistant primer for use on new dry surfaces such as cement plaster, gypsum plaster, porous concrete, rhinolite and glass stone.
- For bonding and sealing on powdery, friable, very porous or stained substrates.
- For application on fire or nicotine stained areas.
- Ideal for both interior and exterior surfaces.
- Excellent penetrating and binding properties.
- Pigmented white – time saving when top coating.
- Excellent adhesion.
- Excellent alkali resistant properties. Protects subsequent coats against alkali attack.
- Penetration into absorbent and chalky surfaces.
- Excellent stain blocking properties.
- Once sealed can be top coated with a wide range of Versus water and solvent based coatings.
- Type: Modified Alkyd Resin.
- Appearance: White.
- Colors: White.
- Density: 1.31 – 1.33.
- Viscosity at 25ºC: 65 – 70 Kµ.
- Specific Gravity: 1.31 – 1.33.
- Solids: 75% by Mass.
- Flash Point: Flammable at 34ºC.
- Mixing: Stir well before use.
- Method: Brush or roller.
- Thinning: Mineral Turpentine.
- Clean up: Mineral Turpentine.
- Spreading rate: 10m ²/l depending on surface porosity and profile.
- Conditions: Avoid painting in wet or cold weather. Minimum temp 8º C
- Drying time: Touch dry 4 hours. Hard dry 18 hours at 25 degrees.
- Recoating time: 18 hours.
- Requirements: 1 to 2 coats.
- New Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry before painting. The moisture content must not be more than 15%. Apply 1 coat of Versus Plaster Primer. Work the product well into the surface.
- Previously painted surfaces: All powdery surfaces must be washed down and all loose and flaking paint must be removed. Apply 1 coat of Versus Plaster Primer. Work the product well into the surface.
- Keep containers properly sealed.
- Store away from direct heat, sun and severe cold.
- 1Litre – 5 Litres – 20 Litres.
PRECAUTIONS AND LIMITATIONS:
- Detailed safety information: refers to the material safety data sheet for this product.
- Do not apply to metal surfaces.
- Drying times will be extended during wet or cold weather conditions.
- Do not apply on damp surfaces.