Versus Galvanized Iron Cleaner Data Sheet no 2019
A non-abrasive acidic type cleaner for Galvanized Steel surfaces.
• For cleaning all new and oxidized (weathered) Galvanized Steel prior to priming.
Type: Aqueous cleaning agent containing phosphoric acid.
Appearance: Thin liquid.
Water Based: This product is water based.
Low VOC: This product has low VOC
Flash Point: >100°ͨ
Mixing: Shake or stir well before use.
Method: Bristle brush or Spray application.
Thinning: No thinning needed product is ready to use.
Clean Up: Water.
Conditions: Surface temperature Min 10°ͨ Max 40°ͨ ambient temperature Max 40°ͨ.
Drying Time: In coastal areas prime the cleaned surface preferably within 2hours or at
the least 4 hours and in other areas the same day to prevent
recontamination of the surface and the formation of rust.
• Apply by bristle brush or spray application to manageable areas at a time leave in contact with surface for at least 1 minute.
• Scrub off with bristle brush or broom and water to remove all trails of Versus Galvanized Iron Cleaner and other contaminations.
• Check that the surface is water break free, if not or if still appears dirty re-apply
Versus Galvanized Iron Cleaner and repeat the above procedure allow to dry.
Prime the cleaned surface as soon as possible to recontamination of the surface and the formation of rust.
• Keep container properly sealed after use.
• Keep away from direct sunlight, heat and sever cold.
• 5 litres and 20 litres
• Do not allow drying on surface if dry, re-apply and rinse off immediately.
• Do not apply with steel or wire brush.
CAUTION: Contains acid, traces of acid and cleaning agent remaining on the
surface will reduce the adhesion of the primer. Versus Galvanized Iron Cleaner must therefore be thoroughly removed by brushing and rinsing.